Tourism and Hospitality
Tourism and hospitality department is organized for tourism and hospitality industries which is widely regarded as the world is largest and fastest growing industry. The present subjects matter relevant to what is currently in the industry today and more important, prepare people for travel in local and challenges such as new technologies and shifting demography are working to redefine the travel professional.
Segments of Travel and Tourism & Sample Careers
- Accommodations Hotels,
resorts, bed and breakfas Sample Careers is Front desk clerk, reservationists, night auditor, sales representative, catering manager, food and beverage manager, concierge, executive officer.
- Tourism support
Retail travel agency, tour operator, corporate travel agency Sample Careers is Travel counselor, independent sales agent, reservation sales agent, automation specialist, tour escort, tour guide, entrepreneur.
Airline, railroad, cruise line, motor coach, rental car
Sample Careers is Reservationists, automation specialist, customer sales agent, onboard service (e.g., flight attendant), sales representative, ticket agent.
- Food and Beverage bar,
restaurant, cafe, catering
Sample Careers is Cashier, waiter, waitress, reservationists, wait-captain, customer sales agent, sales representative, food and beverage manager, catering manager.
- Special Events and Conferences Festivals,
conventions, trade shows Sample Careers is Meeting and convention planner, event planner, hostess, convention service manager, convention sales representative.
- Journalism Trade
magazines, guidebooks, travel books, and Web sites
Sample Careers is Travel writer, guidebook writer, photographer, advertising or public relations specialist, freelance writer, trade publications, brochure copy writer.
Theme parks, museums, natural attractions, ski areas, golf and tennis resorts, casinos Sample Careers is Marketing and sales representative, reservationists, group sales, guide services, manager.
state and local Sample Careers is Travel and Tourism Administration staff, National Park Service staff, Customs, airport director, convention and visitors bureau staff.
- Internet-based Business
Airlines, travel agencies, tour operators, hotels and resorts
Sample Careers is Computer specialist, Web-site developer, content editor, reservationists, entrepreneur.
1. BACHELOR DEGREE OF TOURISM & HOSPITALITY (500 USD/Year)
- General English
- Business Mathematics and Statistics
- Physical Education
- Fine Art
- Cultural and Society
- Service English
- MS Word and Excel
- MS Powerpoint
- Principle of Marketing
- Principle of Management
- Business Law (Contract Law)
- Public Administration
- Tourism Geography in Cambodia
- Cambodia History
- Art & Civilizatin of Cambodia
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- The Business of Tourism and Hospitality
- Consumer Behavior for Tourism
- Micro Economics
- Business Techniques and Entrepreneurship
- Logistic Management
- Principle of Accounting
- Macro Economics
- Productivity and Service Quality
- Financial Accounting
- Communication Skills and Etiquette
- Front Office Operations
- Property Management Systems (roomMaster 2000)
- Financial Management
- Menu Designs and Management
- Housekeeping Operations
- Airline Ticketing ( Amadeus System)
- Tourism Economic
- Tourism Regulation and Law
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Business of Travel Agency Operations
- Meeting, Incentives, Convetion and Exhibition
- Retail Liquor Operations
- Accounting for Hotel and Restaurant
- Tour Guide Methodology
- Method of Research
- Tourism and Hospitality Marketing
- Travel and Tour Operations
- Tourism Attraction Management
- Human Resources Management
- Marketing Research in Tourism
- Substainable for Tourism Planning and Development
- Restaurant Management
- Tourism Management
- Hotel Management